The Alliance of Celebrants Queensland Inc. (ACQ) is a an exciting professional association of celebrants - created specifically to meet the needs of marriage celebrants as well as other celebrants who engage in generalist celebrancy work such as funeral services, commitment and naming ceremonies.
The ACQ has been formed with the express objective of giving its members (300+ and growing!) a high level of collegiality and support (within the context of a professional environment). This can be said with strong conviction as, at the driving heart of the ACQ, are a number of professional, experienced and dedicated celebrants who are committed to such ideals.
ACQ's membership is based on the calendar year (part year memberships available). To join please contact ACQ Secretary Sue Sinclair.
Sue Sinclair, Secretary, ACQ
M 0439 679 538
New Members - 2013 (January - December)
$25.00 joining fee
$125.00 annual membership
Renewed Membership - 2013 (January - December)
$125.00 annual membership
Pro-rata membership rates
The ACQ will accept 2013 pro-rata payments as follows:
January - March new memberships: $25.00 + full cost of $125.00 = Total of $150.00
April - June new memberships: $25.00 + $90.00 = Total of $115.00
July - September new memberships: $25.00 + $60.00 = Total of $85.00
October - December new memberships: $25.00 + $30.00 = Total of $55.00
By joining the ACQ, there are many benefits that you will enjoy, some of which are:
A dedicated committee executive
The members of the ACQ committee are dedicated to promoting the aims and objectives of the ACQ. As such, they are committed to providing you, as an ACQ member, with a framework which will underpin your own professional approach to celebrancy
Camaraderie / Togetherness / Fellowship / Networking
- A welcoming, friendly environment within which you can progress your professional celebrancy and make lasting friendships.
- Collegiality with other celebrants
- Social gatherings
- Community projects (e.g. involvement in projects such as the "Pink Ribbon" activities)
- Training and Professional Development opportunities
- Help and guidance when those ‘out of the ordinary’ problems occur
- Contact with members who specialize in areas of general celebrancy (e.g. funerals and naming ceremonies) and are prepared to provide you with assistance and support when needed.
Having a voice
- Valuable opportunities to contribute to debate on relevant issues: all opinions, concerns, suggestions expressed will be welcome and encouraged.
- A strong presence on the newly formed Coalition of Celebrant Associations (CoCA), a national body with direct connections to the Attorney General’s Department.
- The dissemination of information which is issued by the Attorney General’s Department to all celebrants from time to time.
- The ACQ Website which will provide updated information on topics of interest.
- Interesting guest speakers on relevant topics at regular meetings.
A Website presence - easily searchable by prospective marrying couples
As part of your membership your details will be listed on the ACQ Website.
Upcoming General Events
ACQ invites former members of ACMCQ to join our association.
ACQ's Constitution Click here